Monday, October 01, 2007

Dear Josh Rouse...

Dear Josh Rouse,

Thank you for playing a show in Albuquerque. I suppose we are somewhat along the way from Tucson to Austin, but you could have just skipped our little city, and you didn't. For this, I am grateful.

rouse002

The joint you played was certainly unique. It's not every day that you see a concert in a long, narrow saloon with a rattlesnake skin on the wall. It really startled me how few people showed up to your show, and for this, I feel like I should apologize. I know it's not my fault or anything, but I just feel bad. Like maybe I could have convinced some more people to come to the show, if I actually knew people here. But I don't . So again, sorry.

rouse003

I will say that I had a fantastic time. I'm kind of a music geek, and I've been wanting to see you live ever since my BFF told me that I needed to listen to you. The show was fantastic. I don't know why, but I was expecting a mellow folk show, and you showed up with your band and proceeded to rock my pants off. What a pleasant surprise. Admittedly, I didn't get up and shake my ass, despite your many requests that we do so. It is difficult to muster the courage to shake your ass in such a small crowd. I was chair dancing though. I promise.

rouse006

And thank you for finally coming downstairs after the show to say hi to people. There were a lot more people waiting right after the show, but most of them gave up after a while. Not me. I'm tenacious. Thanks for the picture. And for the replacement picture after I blinked.



My goal now is to see you at a venue where people have actually heard of you, and more than 30 people show up to the gig. I promise I'll shake my ass next time.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne

No comments: